Sunday, August 15, 2010

Monthsary

Today marks my first month in India and I am celebrating it with 2 slices of pork luncheon meat from a tin, and mixed veg with rice.

My roommate left this morning for her holidays and I have never felt so alone in my life, in a foreign land, without a working mobile, and my saliva is just about to go sour from not talking at all.

This is the path I have chosen, well at least for now.

I miss my mama's home cooked meals, just as I miss the taste of fast food and pizza home delivery. Most of all, I miss going to the cinemas alone with a big bag of popcorn and iced green tea, enjoying my alone-time immensely.

Maybe my second month will be better, when I have finally adjusted to everything that is different from the usual back home. When I have finally started working and I will not have time to think about what I miss and when at last I am going home.

Maybe then I will stop counting the days.

Until then, one month and two days so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment