Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Salwar Kameez

My current disposition is taking a toll on me 
and so I wore my brand new Salwar Kameez to make it even more dramatic.


I have been debating with my mind, 
about where I should be and where I have to be.  
The question just honestly drained my energy 
and it has somehow negated the motivational factors
that made me decide to come to where I physically am, in the first place.


I have put on my brand new Salwar Kameez today
to help me absorb things as they currently are, 
physically, mentally and emotionally.


My Kameez is green with pink and blue decorated stitches, 
and gold bling bling that actually pricks my skin making it so uncomfortable.
The Salwar is lose for my shape and long for my height, makes walking on it a tedious task.


I bought it in Delhi's famous Sarogini Market when I thought I had to blend in,
and it was the first step to adapting the Indian culture.


I thought the price was right and trying it on was not even an option.


Here, you just make calculated estimations.


Later could mean it is not going to happen, or tomorrow could mean the day following that.


Of course, I did not know any difference.


My Salwar Kameez is on and I am starting to feel the discomfort, but I intend to wear it for twenty four hours.


This will be my way of telling myself, 
that I will get used to it, 
that I will learn to live with it, 
and that I might actually like it eventually.


The colours should brighten my yet another gloomy day 
and to remind me that tomorrow can be a better day than today.


No comments:

Post a Comment